geoloc from country code (3 letters)

Solved!
jtobelem
Level 3
geoloc from country code (3 letters)

Hello,

I would like to get geoloc from a country code column which is well recognize as a 'Country' to plot info on a geometryMap. I don't know how to get coordinates from country code.

NB : I have installed reverse geocoding plugin, but no result for this country code

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewM
Dataiker

Hi jtobelem,

I think the easiest way would be to join this dataset with another that already has parsed out the latitude and longitude for the countries. The geocoding plugin would need at least a partial address to parse out the coordinates for a country. 

I've found the following github with a csv that lists the countries by name and 2/3 letter codes along with their coordinates. You could download this dataset and then import it into your project. From there, you can then use a join recipe to join your main dataset with this one on the 3 letter country code. This would give you the coordinates needed for your map. 

Thank you.

Andrew M

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AndrewM
Dataiker

Hi jtobelem,

I think the easiest way would be to join this dataset with another that already has parsed out the latitude and longitude for the countries. The geocoding plugin would need at least a partial address to parse out the coordinates for a country. 

I've found the following github with a csv that lists the countries by name and 2/3 letter codes along with their coordinates. You could download this dataset and then import it into your project. From there, you can then use a join recipe to join your main dataset with this one on the 3 letter country code. This would give you the coordinates needed for your map. 

Thank you.

Andrew M

jtobelem
Level 3
Author

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response and for the github reference, it will perfectly do the job!

Regards

0 Kudos