Trigger Scenarios from Marker file

Solved!
ocean_rhythm
Level 1
Trigger Scenarios from Marker file

Docs mention that:

Optionally, for filesystem-like datasets, it is possible to specify a file name as a “marker” file whose changing is understood as “the data has changed”. When a marker file is specified, changing the other files of the data doesn’t activate the dataset modification trigger. This makes it possible to prevent the trigger from activating while the dataset files are being modified, and protects against situation where refreshing of a dataset can hang.

How do I specify this marker file?

My dataset is a Box folder dataset; I can already run scenarios using dataset modification trigger, however I would now like to specify a marker file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fchataigner2
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

the marker file (a.k.a. the "change tracking" field in the dataset's Settings > Advanced tab) isn't available on custom FS providers like the one from the Box plugin.

If the marker file is only meant to be used to trigger scenario, you can probably make a dataset of this single file, and use it in the "trigger on dataset change" instead of the dataset holding the data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
fchataigner2
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi,

the marker file (a.k.a. the "change tracking" field in the dataset's Settings > Advanced tab) isn't available on custom FS providers like the one from the Box plugin.

If the marker file is only meant to be used to trigger scenario, you can probably make a dataset of this single file, and use it in the "trigger on dataset change" instead of the dataset holding the data.

View solution in original post

A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS
Public