Train Model Error - com.dataiku.dip.io.SocketBlockLink$SecretKernelTimeoutException

Highlighted
salvatore
Level 1
Re: Train Model Error - com.dataiku.dip.io.SocketBlockLink$SecretKernelTimeoutException
Jump to solution
ok, I start understanding the logic... I performed the steps of the documentation but the dss-local-packages.txt was empty. I added inside the list of package of my custum env to "install" them in the built-in environment. The the training is still crahing because numpy is not found. When I run "DATA_DIR/bin/pip list", I get a full list of packages that includes "numpy".
thanks for your help 😉
Salvatore
ps: I am on archlinux
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AdrienL Dataiker
Dataiker
Re: Train Model Error - com.dataiku.dip.io.SocketBlockLink$SecretKernelTimeoutException
Jump to solution
The dss-local-packages.txt can be empty, it lists the _additional_ packages that you installed on top of the base packages. The DSS installer takes care of installing the base packages under the hood.
You should not manually specify the packages from your repository, as it will override the base packages with different versions that may not expected in the built-in python env.
Can you try with just the instructions from the documentation?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
salvatore
Level 1
Jump to solution
Hi,
I tried following the steps of the documentation: learning step crashed and the logs show that numpy is missing.
Salvatore
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AdrienL Dataiker
Dataiker
Jump to solution
ArchLinux is not officially supported, but quick tests seem to show that we can't reproduce your issue. With a base ArchLinux from AWS, DSS starts normally and Pandas is functional after:
- installing the packages extra/jdk8-openjdk, extra/nginx, extra/freetype2, community/gcc54
- adding /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/5.4.1 to DSS' LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you can't solve this, you can continue with your code env as long as it's not blocking you, or try either installing the builtin code env using conda https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/python.html#using-anaconda-python or a fully custom python environment https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/installation/python.html#advanced-using-a-fully-custom-python-environment
Also, providing full installation logs may help us have other ideas.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
salvatore
Level 1
Jump to solution
thanks Adrien for your investigations. After installing gcc54 and adding /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/5.4.1 to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I don't have the issue anymore.

For the record for people reading this later, just run:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/5.4.1"
before launching the installation.

Thanks again.
Salvatore
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AdrienL Dataiker
Dataiker
Jump to solution
Glad to hear that. Thanks for the update
0 Kudos