Table Already exist as a View

sj0071992
Table Already exist as a View

Hi Team,

Could you please help in resolving the attached issue?

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi, @sj0071992, thank you for posting! Can you provide any further details on the thread to assist users in helping you find a solution (insert examples like DSS version etc.) Also, can you let us know if youโ€™ve tried any fixes already?This should lead to a quicker response from the community.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
sj0071992
Author

I am using one SQL Recipe on the snowflake data source and when I am trying to write it back to snowflake again it is giving an error like, the table already exists as a view. So I want to confirm how should I do truncate and load data instead of drop and create table again

0 Kudos
ATsao
Dataiker

Hi, 

Unfortunately, it's difficult to provide further guidance without the exact use case and/or code. However, it seems like you are trying to write back to an existing table / view rather than a new table, which would go against best practices as you would essentially be introducing a loop. If that is in fact what you are trying to do, you may want to look into using a SQL "script" recipe if you aren't already (but note that you will need to handle all the create / drop / insert statements yourself): 

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/code_recipes/sql.html

If you continue to face issues, I would advise opening a support ticket with a job diagnosis so that we can help you investigate the matter further.

Best,

Andrew 

0 Kudos