Sync & update a Google Sheets File

Solved!
sanzot
Level 1
Sync & update a Google Sheets File
Hi all,

Maybe a silly questions, but I do not know if it's possible to do what I am trying to. I have installed the GSheets plugin to connect to a GSheets files that it's constantly adding new data. I also did a dataset (with recipe and a dashboard) last week with that file. I would like to know if it's possible to sync this file to update the dataset, apply the recipe and update the charts in the dashboard. Or do I have to create a new dataset with the recipe and charts?

Thanks for your time.

Santi
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

I'm sorry but I do not understand your question.

Here is what I can say:

• If you want to update the data on your Dataiku DSS (pull from Google Sheets), you just need to run again the recipe(s).

• If you want to push data to Google Sheets, you can create a new dataset "Google Sheets" with the plugin and use this dataset as an output of a recipe.

I hope this helps.

Jeremy

Jeremy, Product Manager at Dataiku

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

I'm sorry but I do not understand your question.

Here is what I can say:

• If you want to update the data on your Dataiku DSS (pull from Google Sheets), you just need to run again the recipe(s).

• If you want to push data to Google Sheets, you can create a new dataset "Google Sheets" with the plugin and use this dataset as an output of a recipe.

I hope this helps.

Jeremy

Jeremy, Product Manager at Dataiku
0 Kudos
sanzot
Level 1
Author
Thanks Jereze,
Finally I founded. As u mentioned, it's a question of pulling again the Google Sheets and running the recipe.

Regards
Santi
0 Kudos
Emiel_Veersma
Level 3

In case you want to do this in a scenario, you can invalidate the cache of the Google Sheets dataset. Google sent me here when trying to figure out how to do that, so I thought I might add that information here.

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku