Stack pre-filter doesn't work with standard variable

Solved!
Kenza98
Level 2
Stack pre-filter doesn't work with standard variable

Hello everyone,

Hope you're doing well ๐Ÿ™‚

I am trying to use a pre-filter in the stack recipe using SQL as computation engine but it doesn't work.

Here is the formula and the error : 

error_dss.PNG

It is weird because the same formula works in a pre-filter in the distinct recipe.

Do you have any idea how to do this ?

Thank's in advance ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Kenza 

1 Solution
NedM
Dataiker

Hi Kenza,

Yes, this is very strange indeed!

I was able to reproduce the error, and also found that it occurs in the pre-filtering of the Split recipe. On the other hand, the formula works as expected in the pre-filtering of all other visual recipes.

The issue seems to be caused by the variable substitution of ${date_max_last_month}, as the recipe runs successfully if I use a hard-coded date instead. 

I am tempted to say that there is a bug related to the parsing of DSS formulas within the pre-filtering of the Split and Stack recipes, but I need to confirm with our R&D team.

In the meantime, a workaround to your issue would be to use a Filter recipe before the Stack recipe. I have tested your formula there, and it works as expected.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention ๐Ÿ˜€Have a great weekend!

Ned

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NedM
Dataiker

Hi Kenza,

Yes, this is very strange indeed!

I was able to reproduce the error, and also found that it occurs in the pre-filtering of the Split recipe. On the other hand, the formula works as expected in the pre-filtering of all other visual recipes.

The issue seems to be caused by the variable substitution of ${date_max_last_month}, as the recipe runs successfully if I use a hard-coded date instead. 

I am tempted to say that there is a bug related to the parsing of DSS formulas within the pre-filtering of the Split and Stack recipes, but I need to confirm with our R&D team.

In the meantime, a workaround to your issue would be to use a Filter recipe before the Stack recipe. I have tested your formula there, and it works as expected.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention ๐Ÿ˜€Have a great weekend!

Ned