Sampling within dashboards

Fabienne
Level 1
Sampling within dashboards

Hi,

I created some charts in dataiku which I published to a dashboard.

To use the dashboard for presentations and communications it is important that the charts are based on the whole data. However, also in the dashboard the are based on a sample.

Is there a possibility to prevent the sampling within the dashboard?

Or do I simply have to choose "no sampling" for each graph before I publish it to the dasboard?

Thanks you for your support.

Best regards,

Fabienne

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @Fabienne ,

If you want to ensure that there is no sampling being used in charts once they're on the dashboard, edit the sampling method under 'Sampling & Engine' so that all charts use the same sample. You can do this either before you publish the chart to a dashboard or once it's on the dashboard (open the chart insight, click edit, update the sampling settings, and save+refresh the sample).

Ashley

0 Kudos
Fabienne
Level 1
Author

Hi @AshleyW, thanks for your reply. That's the approach I am using at the moment. I was wondering whether there is like a global setting for a dashboard to use the whole data set for every chart within this dashboard. But it works fine with adjusting all the charts one-by-one as you mentioned.

Best regards, Fabienne

0 Kudos
AshleyW
Dataiker

There isn't a global setting at the dashboard level to set the sampling for all of the charts and datasets that are there since an insight--what a chart or dataset turns into when you publish it--can be used on more than one dashboard at a time.

It's a great time-saving suggestion though. I've noted your feedback so we can take it into consideration in case of future development work in that area.

Ashley

0 Kudos
Fabienne
Level 1
Author

That's fine, thank you for your reply and the information.

Fabienne

0 Kudos