Problems with bundles and plugins in Dataiku migration

Povilas
Level 2
Problems with bundles and plugins in Dataiku migration

Hi.

We are migrating to Dataiku 5.0.2. To do that we are exporting all the projects from our current instance and then importing them to new the instance. There are couple of problems/questions we have:

• Some our projects have bundles. However after export-import I cannot see the bundles anymore. Maybe you can suggest a way to export-import bundles as well?

• We have some custom plugins created. Is there any way to export-import them? Or should we recreate each plugin?

• Also we have some R/Python code environments. Is there a way to export-import them?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Povilas
Level 2
Author
Yes, you're are correct about install.packages and install_version. I used install_version to install older version.

However, talking about managing libraries in Dataiku code envs. You provide an example how to select older version. It is here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/code-envs/operations-r.html#manage-packages

but that example does not work properly. When I say properly I mean like install_version. For this function you specify exact version (let's x.y.z) and it installs version x.y.z. In your interface there's an option to do this (it is written like that) but it is not working. At first, I thought that Dataiku installs latest version available but later I tried some more examples and found out that it is not true. I don't how this stuff selects a version... It is shame because your functionality is not working or documentation is misleading (or even incorrect).
0 Kudos
Alex_Combessie
Dataiker Alumni
Thanks for the feedback, I have logged this so we can improve our documentation.
0 Kudos