Partition - Discrete dimension example (along a column )

Solved!
n0thing233
Level 3
Partition - Discrete dimension example (along a column )

I have a file-based dataset(csv format).I want to partition this dataset based on value a a column (there are 5 values of the column (0,1,2,3,4)

I followed the tutorial but cannot paritiion it.

My column name is 'partition'.And I clicked on "add decrete dimension".Then I fill "partition" in to the box and it generate the pattern "%{partition}/.*"

But then I clicked "list partitions" button. it shows me "

Detected 0 partitions

Found 1 unmatched file:

• /out-s0.csv

"

Anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mattsco
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi, 

Your dataset is not yet partitioned. You need to rebuild it to see the generated partitions.

To generate this partitioned dataset the parent recipe should be a sync (Configuration tab) or a prepare recipe (Advanced tab) with the redispatch partitioning activated. 

Redispatch setting

Matt

Mattsco

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mattsco
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi, 

Your dataset is not yet partitioned. You need to rebuild it to see the generated partitions.

To generate this partitioned dataset the parent recipe should be a sync (Configuration tab) or a prepare recipe (Advanced tab) with the redispatch partitioning activated. 

Redispatch setting

Matt

Mattsco

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
n0thing233
Level 3
Author
sorry I don't see "redispatch partitioning according to input columns" in my advanced tab, what could be the reason? My seeting told me " No settings required".
0 Kudos
Mattsco
Dataiker
Dataiker
To see it, you need to have the output dataset of the recipe partitioned.
I added a picture on the main answer.
Mattsco
0 Kudos
n0thing233
Level 3
Author
Sorry I might ask some stupid questions but the picture you show me is different from my dataiku .
In my sync recipe-> advanced->settings there is no checkbox for "redispatch partitioning according to input columns". I really want to attach my screenshot here. How should I do that?
0 Kudos
Mattsco
Dataiker
Dataiker
Sorry, in the sync it's in the Configuration tab
Mattsco
0 Kudos
n0thing233
Level 3
Author
In the sync-> configuration tab -> settings .I have only two options:"Free output schema(name-based matching)" and "Maintain strict schema equality".There is still no "redispatch partitioning according to input columns"
0 Kudos
Mattsco
Dataiker
Dataiker
In the sync-> configuration tab -> output, can you confirm the dataset is partitionned by something?
you should see that mentioned below the name of the dataset.
Mattsco
0 Kudos
n0thing233
Level 3
Author
Thanks. I finally made some progress. I'm able to do the partition.
0 Kudos
Valengo
Level 1

Hello @n0thing233, I'm in the same situation than you, and I'm really interrested about how did you do the partition in the sync recipe. Cound you please explain the steps to follow please ?

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS
Public