Many Recipe With One Output Folder

Solved!
tmgiang
Level 2
Many Recipe With One Output Folder
Can we export many recipe / dataset on flow to one folder?

I have many data set and I want to export all of them to one place, but dataiku seem does not allow to do that. Even I use Python code to do the export to local folder as working arround, but a recipe always need an output.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Clรฉment_Stenac
Hi,

You can "cheat" by having a recipe that does all exports but does not actually write to its output (the output is "dummy")

The reason for that is the concept of the DSS Flow: in DSS you always "build" one output rather than "running" recipes. In order to build output, DSS recurses the dependencies graph to check for up-to-dateness. If there were two recipes writing in the same output, DSS wouldn't know which part of the dependency tree to use

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Clรฉment_Stenac
Hi,

You can "cheat" by having a recipe that does all exports but does not actually write to its output (the output is "dummy")

The reason for that is the concept of the DSS Flow: in DSS you always "build" one output rather than "running" recipes. In order to build output, DSS recurses the dependencies graph to check for up-to-dateness. If there were two recipes writing in the same output, DSS wouldn't know which part of the dependency tree to use
0 Kudos
tmgiang
Level 2
Author
Thanks. That also my current solution ๐Ÿ™‚

But I think DSS can custom "managed folder" to do that
0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku