Keep Filter in Dashboard

davidmakovoz
Keep Filter in Dashboard

I'm trying to figure out how  to keep the filters added in a chart when the chart is published in a dashboard. The view in the dashboard doesn't show the filter at all. And even when 'expand' the chart and see the filter, it says 'Filters won't be saved', i.e. even if I change them, the selection won't persist when I click "BACK TO DASHBOARD"

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
apichery
Dataiker

Hi David,

This is currently not possible in DSS (but it's on our roadmap). To achieve that, you need to duplicate your dataset, filter it with a Filter recipe and then build the chart on this output dataset.

Hope this helps,
Arnaud

0 Kudos
davidmakovoz
Author

Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for your reply. This is not a viable option. I can't create a copy of my dataset for every single option in the filter. 

David

0 Kudos
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi,

With the release of Dataiku 10, we've made dashboard filters available. Here's how:

1. Open a dashboard in edit mode
  2. Add a filter tile using the "+" icon
  3. Select the source of your filter (i.e. where you want the columns and values to come from)
  4. Select which columns you want to add as filters
  5. Save ๐Ÿ˜Ž

A dashboard filter tile will apply to all chart and dataset insights on a dashboard slide where shared columns have the same name and type.

To learn more, check out this video that demos this and other improvements made to visualizations in Dataiku 10, take a look at a hands-on tutorial, or browse the reference doc.

Enjoy,

Ashley