Job failed: The Python process failed (exit code: 132)

aliciacorain
Level 1
Job failed: The Python process failed (exit code: 132)

I got an error when running the train & evaluate forecasting models. Attached are the logs.

[15:24:12] [INFO] [dku.flow.activity] - Run thread failed for activity compute_qKug334Y_NP
com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.ProcessDiedException: The Python process failed (exit code: 132). More info might be available in the logs.
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.common.CodeBasedThingHelper.throwSubprocessError(CodeBasedThingHelper.java:23)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.JobExecutionResultHandler.handleExecutionResult(JobExecutionResultHandler.java:26)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.execute(AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.java:71)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.executeScript(AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.java:48)
at com.dataiku.dip.recipes.customcode.CustomPythonRecipeRunner.run(CustomPythonRecipeRunner.java:71)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.jobrunner.ActivityRunner$FlowRunnableThread.run(ActivityRunner.java:374)
[15:24:12] [INFO] [dku.flow.activity] running compute_qKug334Y_NP - activity is finished
[15:24:12] [ERROR] [dku.flow.activity] running compute_qKug334Y_NP - Activity failed
com.dataiku.dip.exceptions.ProcessDiedException: The Python process failed (exit code: 132). More info might be available in the logs.
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.common.CodeBasedThingHelper.throwSubprocessError(CodeBasedThingHelper.java:23)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.JobExecutionResultHandler.handleExecutionResult(JobExecutionResultHandler.java:26)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.execute(AbstractCodeBasedActivityRunner.java:71)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.exec.AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.executeScript(AbstractPythonRecipeRunner.java:48)
at com.dataiku.dip.recipes.customcode.CustomPythonRecipeRunner.run(CustomPythonRecipeRunner.java:71)
at com.dataiku.dip.dataflow.jobrunner.ActivityRunner$FlowRunnableThread.run(ActivityRunner.java:374)

Any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @aliciacorain 

Exit code 132 can have two potential root causes:
- Bug in the program itself
- CPU cannot run this program, because this program was compiled for a higher processor. 
Note: “the program” here is a python library, not DSS. 

Can you provide more details on this error? Is this a python code recipe? Are you trying to train the model? 
0 Kudos
aliciacorain
Level 1
Author

Hi @sergeyd,

I was trying to train the model and it's the Train and evaluate forecasting models recipe from Dataiku Forecast plugin. Does this help?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

What is the result of this command executed in DSS CLI:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

?

0 Kudos
bilgicsin
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting the same error, did you solve the problem? @aliciacorain 

0 Kudos
Sergey9909
Level 1

Me too =\ 

I Use it by virtualBox and got it then try to use plagin for time series forecast 

0 Kudos
xavme
Level 2

Hi, I also have the same issue;

to answer @sergeyd 's question, here is the result from cat /proc/cpuinfo that were requested by 

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 85
model name : Intel Xeon Processor (Cascadelake)
stepping : 5
microcode : 0x1
cpu MHz : 2593.894
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni ssse3 cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm pti pku ospke
bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs itlb_multihit
bogomips : 5187.78
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 85
model name : Intel Xeon Processor (Cascadelake)
stepping : 5
microcode : 0x1
cpu MHz : 2593.894
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 2
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni ssse3 cx16 hypervisor lahf_lm pti pku ospke
bugs : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs itlb_multihit
bogomips : 5187.78
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

Thanks!

Xavier

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @xavme 

Thanks for the provided output. I do suspect the CPU type is the root cause here as it doesn't have AVX instructions set. 
Do you have any other machine with a more recent CPU to test this job? 
xavme
Level 2

Yes @sergeyd , I tried exporting the project on my local install (virtualbox on windows) and it works; it might be the CPU, I thought it would be due to server / ubuntu / dss configuration.

I'm actually seeing the error on the dataiku server that we installed to share the project with the team. is there a way to configure the server to be able to use the forecast plugin, even with the current CPU? 

thanks

Xavier

sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @xavme 

Technically, there is a possibility with lowering the versions of the Python packages required for this plugin: 

mxnet==1.7.0.post1
gluonts==0.7.6
dill==0.3.3
pmdarima==1.8.0
threadpoolctl==2.1.0
statsmodels==0.12.2

but there is a high chance that plugin recipes will not work due to missing classes or functions that are present in the package versions we install. 

xavme
Level 2

ok, seems like i will have to do time series only on my local VM... 

thanks for helping!

xavier

Ahmed_TLILI
Level 1

Hello @sergeyd,

I am running through the same error and I did the checking the CPU cmd but I have got a recent CPU (intel xenon gold 6140 (2017) and it got AVX  enabled).

What do you think the problem is?

P.S: Same log details and I am trying to run the forecasting recipe (train and evaluate models)

0 Kudos