arielma2304
Level 3
How to revert bundle from automation node

Hi

I saw in this link, revert is only supported in Design node:

reverting-a-bundle-on-the-design-node 

How ever I did see this sentence here:

versioning 

"Each bundle can then link to a specific version of a code environment, and versions of a given code environment are not removed, allowing for rolling back to a previous version of a project without risking to not be able to rebuild the exact same code environment"

what does it means? I didn't understand how roll back works in automation node. is there any example?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AgatheG
Dataiker

Hi arielma,

In the documentation you quote, "rolling back to a previous version of a project" alludes to the activation of a bundle in the automation node, aka "the process of extracting the metadata and additional data of a bundle to make it the current state of the project on the Automation node" (see https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/bundles/importing.html#activating-a-bundle).

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2021-01-17 aฬ€ 11.50.17.pngThis can be done by clicking on the Activate button here, and can be considered as the equivalent of reverting to a bundle on a Design node.

Hope this helps,

Agathe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AgatheG
Dataiker

Hi arielma,

In the documentation you quote, "rolling back to a previous version of a project" alludes to the activation of a bundle in the automation node, aka "the process of extracting the metadata and additional data of a bundle to make it the current state of the project on the Automation node" (see https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/bundles/importing.html#activating-a-bundle).

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2021-01-17 aฬ€ 11.50.17.pngThis can be done by clicking on the Activate button here, and can be considered as the equivalent of reverting to a bundle on a Design node.

Hope this helps,

Agathe

0 Kudos
arielma2304
Level 3
Author

Ok, so just to validate I understand.

Assuming I have bundle version named "test" with scenario named "SMOKE_test" which is currently activate. In case the "SMOKE_test" scenario run failed, I can choose other bundle to activate so that actually like revert a bundle?

0 Kudos
AgatheG
Dataiker

Hi,

Sorry for the delay! I am not sure to fully understand your comment. You can indeed revert to a previous bundle, however I do not get why you mentioned scenarios ?

--

Agathe

0 Kudos