How to move a renamed recipe to its original flow-zone

Solved!
saulleon
Level 3
How to move a renamed recipe to its original flow-zone

Hi,

I have a flow-zone with name A. In there, I renamed a recipe and now it appears in flow-zone Default. There is no way to move it back to flow-zone A.

dk-recipe-options.png

Does anybody have an idea?

Saul

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Marlan

Hi @saulleon,

I have run into this issue as well. That is, that renaming a recipe in a flow zone moves it back to the default zone. Hopefully this will get fixed in a future release of DSS.

In the meantime, I believe what I have done is move the downstream dataset from the other flow zone (in your case A) back to the default flow zone. Then move that downstream dataset back to A. That will bring the renamed recipe with it. It seems that only datasets can be moved to a flow zone (recipes can't be moved directly) thus the need to move the associated dataset to get the recipe moved.

Hope this is helpful.

Marlan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @saulleon 

You can use integrated version control to revert renaming. For this please navigate to Version control

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.34.38.png

find the commit where you have renamed the recipe and click on commit ID:

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.35.11.png

revert the change:

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 12.35.49.png

Please note that you will revert all the changes to this point. 

0 Kudos
saulleon
Level 3
Author

Thank you Sergeyd,

I don't want to lose changes, so this solutions is not for me.

0 Kudos
Marlan

Hi @saulleon,

I have run into this issue as well. That is, that renaming a recipe in a flow zone moves it back to the default zone. Hopefully this will get fixed in a future release of DSS.

In the meantime, I believe what I have done is move the downstream dataset from the other flow zone (in your case A) back to the default flow zone. Then move that downstream dataset back to A. That will bring the renamed recipe with it. It seems that only datasets can be moved to a flow zone (recipes can't be moved directly) thus the need to move the associated dataset to get the recipe moved.

Hope this is helpful.

Marlan

0 Kudos
sergeyd
Dataiker

Hi @Marlan 

Yes, it's scheduled to be fixed in the upcoming releases. 

saulleon
Level 3
Author

Thanks Marlan! This did the trick!

Hopefully we can have this glitch fixed in future versions.

0 Kudos