Meet DSS user Ben Powis, Data Science Manager at UK retail company MandM Direct Read More

How to control data syncying data using sync recipe when source table has no records.

Level 1
How to control data syncying data using sync recipe when source table has no records.
Hi,

The DB connection that I use has truncate table option enabled when the schema of target table does not change. And I cannot alter the connection setting as it is used by multiple users.

My requirement is to sync some data from table A to table B. I want to only sync the tables when there is some data in table A and not sync when there are no records in table A . Because if I sync when there are no records in table A, all data in table B gets truncated and no data is present in table B at the end of the job. Please let me know how can I achieve this.

Thanks,

Neha
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dataiker
Dataiker
Hi,

This can be achieved using a DSS scenario: with a custom Python step, you could query the dataset A to see if there are records, and only trigger the build of B if there were records in A.
0 Kudos
Labels (2)