FilterOnDateRange to SQL

Solved!
davidmakovoz
FilterOnDateRange to SQL

I'm running a FilterOnDateRange preprocessing step and getting the following message:

Not supported settings for 'FilterOnDateRange' processor: Not translatable to SQL

I'm just curious, why isn't it translatable to sequel?

I can definitely use a where condition 

where column_name > date1 and column_name < date2

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidmakovoz
Author

Btw, I figured out a work-around this problem.

I added a column with the number of days from the original date column till 'now', which can be done in-database. And then just applied the date range condition in terms of the number of days. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

Only a small subset of processors can be automatically translated to SQL by DSS. Translation for this particular processor is not currently implemented, so if you use this processor, the processing will happen locally instead of fully-in-database.

We are regularly adding new processors and will make sure to take your request into account.

0 Kudos
davidmakovoz
Author

I understand that it's not available. I was just a bit surprised that it wasn't implemented, seems like a pretty straightforward mapping from the filter to the SQL command, unless I'm missing something.

0 Kudos
davidmakovoz
Author

Btw, I figured out a work-around this problem.

I added a column with the number of days from the original date column till 'now', which can be done in-database. And then just applied the date range condition in terms of the number of days. 

0 Kudos