File upload Issue - CSV 16gb

Solved!
ranjith
Level 2
File upload Issue - CSV 16gb

Hi guys,

I'm trying to upload this csv file (16gb) for a new project. But when I use the "Upload file" option,  the dataset loads almost fully and then throws the error mentioned below: 

1.png

2.png

ranjith_0-1585899110388.png

Could this be a space related issue?  I have about 70gb free space on my drive and have cleared unwanted projects in the DSS studio as well.

Any inputs?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ATsao
Dataiker

Hi Ranjith,

That indeed does seem to be the case. You'll want to increase disk space on the partition where your DSS data directory is located. More information can be found in our troubleshooting article found here:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/errors/ERR_MISC_ENOSPC.html

Best,

Andrew

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

The two main possibilities are:

* A space issue (fairly likely indeed)
* There is a proxy between you and Dataiku and it's the proxy that blocks the upload

Can you check the run/nginx.log file from the DSS datadir?

0 Kudos
ranjith
Level 2
Author

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly new to Dataiku but I'm coming to speed .

Would you be able to elaborate on how I can "check the run/nginx.log file from the DSS datadir"?

0 Kudos
duphan
Dataiker

Hi, 

The DSS datadir is the folder where you installed the software DSS.

Inside that folder you find all the information, config concerning DSS. In this case, what we are interested in is the file nginx.log which is in for example /PATH-TO-YOUR-DSS-FOLDER/ run/nginx.log

You can open that file and check for error message, or post its contents here.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
ranjith
Level 2
Author

Out of disk space

No space left on device

This error typically requires troubleshooting. Please refer to the below documentation for more information or contact Dataiku support.

Apparently the issue is space

0 Kudos
ATsao
Dataiker

Hi Ranjith,

That indeed does seem to be the case. You'll want to increase disk space on the partition where your DSS data directory is located. More information can be found in our troubleshooting article found here:

https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/errors/ERR_MISC_ENOSPC.html

Best,

Andrew