Failed to synchronize Hive metastore

Solved!
Ibrahima13
Level 2
Failed to synchronize Hive metastore

Hello DSS support, 

I have a Python recipe which creates a hdfs/hive table. I am able to run the recipe and create the output table. However I have a warning and I don't know what I shall do to remove these warnings. 

Please see log in attachment. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @Ibrahima13. From my limited experience so far with using Hive within DSS, the error from your log is what you get when the Hive server is down or can't be reached through the network.

If this is the first time you are using Hive within DSS, the administrator should check that all configurations (hive address, port, permissions, etc) are ok. If you have been using hive regularly, and this is the first time you get this error, I would recommend to contact your system admin so they can check what is happening.

If that doesn't work, and you don't get another answer in this thread, I think you should try to create a support ticket at https://support.dataiku.com/support/home

Cheers!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ignacio_Toledo

Hi @Ibrahima13. From my limited experience so far with using Hive within DSS, the error from your log is what you get when the Hive server is down or can't be reached through the network.

If this is the first time you are using Hive within DSS, the administrator should check that all configurations (hive address, port, permissions, etc) are ok. If you have been using hive regularly, and this is the first time you get this error, I would recommend to contact your system admin so they can check what is happening.

If that doesn't work, and you don't get another answer in this thread, I think you should try to create a support ticket at https://support.dataiku.com/support/home

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Ibrahima13
Level 2
Author

Hello @Ignacio_Toledo 

Thank you for your reply. I think you are right. So I will first check the configuration of Hiveserver2: adress, port etc..

If I still get the issue then I will open ticket to DSS support. 

Thank you very much. 

Have a nice day.