Changing font size on charts

Solved!
surajkra
Level 1
Changing font size on charts

Hi 

Is there a way to change the font size of the contents of the chart? (Title, Axis Labels, Legends etc). Seems quite a direct thing to do, but I couldn't find any related documentation/examples on these. I would ideally like to increase my font size and download the charts. Kindly help me with the steps. 

Regards, 

surajkra

1 Solution
tgb417

@surajkra ,

Welcome to the Dataiku Community. 

I'm not an expert. (just another community member) However, I've not seen a way to make the kinds of changes you are asking for in the built-in Charting Tool.  (Good for good quick simple stuff for understanding what is going on with your data.  However, DSS may not be the tool for you when it comes to publication-quality visualizations.)   Maybe someone else knows a method I don't know.

That said if you are willing to put in a bit of coding work under the WebApps menu item in any project you have access to Shiny in R & Bokeh in Python.  Those will give you lots of control.  However, they do take more work to learn how to use.

Shiny & Bokeh.jpg

If you are lucky enough to have access to Tableau or Power BI you can also use one of the Plugins to connect those tools to Dataiku Data Science Studio (DSS)

In Tableau in particular you have a crazy amount of control over your visualizations.

If you intend to use one or more of the plug-ins, you may need the help of a system administrator if you don't have administrative access to install the plugins. 

Hope that helps a bit.  And welcome to the Dataiku Community.

--Tom

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tgb417

@surajkra ,

Welcome to the Dataiku Community. 

I'm not an expert. (just another community member) However, I've not seen a way to make the kinds of changes you are asking for in the built-in Charting Tool.  (Good for good quick simple stuff for understanding what is going on with your data.  However, DSS may not be the tool for you when it comes to publication-quality visualizations.)   Maybe someone else knows a method I don't know.

That said if you are willing to put in a bit of coding work under the WebApps menu item in any project you have access to Shiny in R & Bokeh in Python.  Those will give you lots of control.  However, they do take more work to learn how to use.

Shiny & Bokeh.jpg

If you are lucky enough to have access to Tableau or Power BI you can also use one of the Plugins to connect those tools to Dataiku Data Science Studio (DSS)

In Tableau in particular you have a crazy amount of control over your visualizations.

If you intend to use one or more of the plug-ins, you may need the help of a system administrator if you don't have administrative access to install the plugins. 

Hope that helps a bit.  And welcome to the Dataiku Community.

--Tom
tgb417

@surajkra ,

I did forget to mention that you CAN download an image made in the DSS charting tool.

Download DSS Chart.jpg

On some computer environments, this may take downloading a part of the Chromium Browser that is apparently used as the rendering engine.  Test first before trying to work out what pieces have to be installed to get this going.  I've had some platforms work OK without any fuss.

--Tom
daviddogneton
Dataiker

Hello,

This feature is now native since DSS 12.1.0 for axis titles and values, legends, and values displayed in charts.

Regards,

David

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 14.11.07.pngโ€ƒ

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku