Community Conundrum 28: News Engagement is live! Read More

Change data source for a chart in a Dashboard

Level 1
Change data source for a chart in a Dashboard

I'm trying to duplicate the existing charts in a dashboard. I would like the data for the new charts to come from a different table with the same column names in my project. How can I achieve this? Is it possible to edit the datasource that the chart is built on? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dataiker
Dataiker

Hi @harshadevireddy 

As far as know, this is not possible from UI. When the chart is created -> it's tied to the dataset. When you copy the chart, the corresponding config file just has the same link to this dataset. 

The only possible (not recommended/supported) way that I can think of is to find insight ID inside 

DATA_DIR/config/projects/<PROJECT_KEY>/insights/ directory and manually change 

"datasetSmartName" to the one you need. 

0 Kudos
Level 1
Author

Hi @sergeyd,

Thanks for the response. I'm working on my company's shared environment which is maintained by the IT team. Is this something that I can do as a user? If so where should I look for the folder path you mentioned?

0 Kudos
Dataiker
Dataiker

The only thing that I can think of is to write a python program (within Jupyter notebook) that reads the file from OS filesystem, parses and updates JSON but that's something that I wouldn't recommend doing as incorrectly updated JSON might break corresponding chart on the dashboard. 

0 Kudos
A banner prompting to get Dataiku DSS