Automatic refresh of internal metrics

Solved!
MRvLuijpen
Automatic refresh of internal metrics

Hi, 

For a project concerning the usage of DSS, I am making use of the internal metrics (Jobs/Cluster/Commits).

With a scenario, I daily "Build" these metrics, however, it seems that they are not refreshed automatically.  

I come to this conclusion because if I do open the internal metrics and refresh the sample, the number of items have increased.

A second thing I noticed is that if I try to use the Metrics on this set, it seems not to be implemented (see screen shot below). Is this correct, or how do I solve this?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

We confirm that metrics-on-the-metrics-datasets are not implemented.

However, if you have a recipe that uses one of these internal datasets, and build the target of this recipe (i.e. run this recipe) through a scenario that forces a build, the data will be updated in real time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

We confirm that metrics-on-the-metrics-datasets are not implemented.

However, if you have a recipe that uses one of these internal datasets, and build the target of this recipe (i.e. run this recipe) through a scenario that forces a build, the data will be updated in real time.

0 Kudos
MRvLuijpen
Author
Thank you Clรฉment for your response
0 Kudos
adamnieto

@Clรฉment_Stenac , do you know if a "Trigger on dataset change" will work on internal stats datasets when creating a scenario? 

Additionally, are there any API endpoints or classes that can be used get all of the running tasks of DSS? I have used been trying to use the "dataikuapi.dss.future.DSSFuture" class but it doesn't retrieve all of the tasks shown in the /admin/monitoring/background-tasks/ page. This is even when the "all_users=True" parameter is set for "DSSFuture".

0 Kudos

This might be a 3 year too late response but here it goes. The answer to your question is no, a "Trigger on dataset change" on this dataset will not fire when new commits are added. This is because Trigger on dataset change do not look at the data changing just the dataset structure. You can however set up a SQL query trigger over the actual internal table (assuming you are using an external database for your internal stats) and use that for a trigger.

0 Kudos