Recently I'm having different issues related to code environment and I need some help here.
1. We always get the error:
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
when we try to test the API on designer. Even when we have enough free disk space after we cleaned up.
2. Our devop found a huge file (25G) under code-env-cache that belongs to a dummy API test which only contains a hello world level test. However, the size of this file is unreasonable and we want to ask is there anyway to clean this code-env-cache through DSS interface (webapp) instead of do it manually in command line?
3. The test on API-designer is often unstable. We always get 2 or 3 times network error before the dev server is correctly running or getting useful error message. Why it has this behaviour?
4. I see the speed of building API is heavily depending on code environment. So what is the best practice here? Should we prepare multiple python code-env of different combination of imported packages?
Thank your help in advance .
For 1, you need space in /tmp too - that's a behavior of pip
2. This can only be cleand manually currently
3. Please open a support ticket, attaching an instance diagnosis, as indicated here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/latest/troubleshooting/obtaining-support.html
4. We indeed recommend that you rather use at most one code environment per API service rather than one per endpoint.