Introduce Yourself!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi Tom, welcome to the community! Great to have you with us.

You have made me curious now - what's the most important factor in museum attendance? 

Also great flower! I'm feeling highly inadequate in my card giving now.

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
tgb417
Level 3

We have discovered a number of features that are significant to museums, they include:

• Weather
    • Precipitation
    • Humidity
    • Temperature
      • Cold
      • Hot
  • Holiday and School Calendars
  • Time of year to some extent

We have discovered some others but those are important features when it comes to predicting "walk-up" attendance.  We tested on the order of 300 features.  Some common sense, some synthetic.

We are working on operationalizing this model over three time periods.

10 day

30 day

18 month

It is interesting to me that you see a flower in the results.  I see a candle.  However, I know that I made the image from a candle and several hundred images by O'Keeffe

Here is another.

Style Seagull O'Keeffe 12_11 +100-1024px-144-5.jpeg

This is based on a seagull.  That is showing it's dinosaur background. Through the style transfer from O'Keeffe again.

Have a great day.

--Tom
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing!

Ha as soon as you say that I see the candle much more clearly.

Oh yeah I can really see the Pterodactyl coming through!

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AaronCrouch
Level 1

My name is Aaron Crouch, I am Data Analytics Manager for Atlantic Plant Maintenance, a wholly owned affiliate of GE Power. We are located in Pasadena, Texas (South East of Houston).

We purchased DataIku to flag jobs where we believe a safety or quality defect will occur. We currently have 85% accuracy in picking which jobs will have an incident before the job starts. 

As of last week, we developed an intervention plan for job sites deemed high risk, and are working on how to measure effectiveness of our plan.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Author

Thanks for sharing your intro @AaronCrouch ! Welcome to the new Dataiku Community. Great to hear about your application of Dataiku DSS and look forward to hearing more. 

Let us know if you have any community questions or feedback you'd like to share - we're eager to hear from our members 🙂

Cheers,

-Kerri

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Timinator
Level 1

Hi all!

My name is Tim Dickinson. I'm based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in eastern Canada. I'm actually looking for a new role and organization right now, but am really interested in what Dataiku is doing so thought I'd join the community. I have not had a lot of data analytics work experience so far: mostly some old-school BI tools plus some self-taught R (from Coursera) for fun.

Full disclosure: I worked with @KerriW a little bit in our previous lives. 😊

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Author

Hey @Timinator  - thanks for joining and great to hear from you again! As a seasoned CSM and Community professional, would love any feedback you might have on the new Community experience, feel free to add any thoughts to the Community Feedback thread here 🙂

Welcome again and hope you enjoy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
always-santosh
Level 1

Hi All,

Myself Santosh B. I am from Pune, India. I work for _VOIS (Vodafone shared services) as Senior IT Operations Manager. We are working with Egypt team for implementing ML model for failure prediction using Dataiku on GCP. 

Santosh B

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @always-santosh,  welcome to the Community!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about DSS in the Discussions, start discussing any data topics of interest in General Discussion, and give your feedback on the Feedback board.

Have a great day!

Lisa, Community Programs Manager at Dataiku

Don't forget to mark as "Accepted Solution" when someone provides the correct answer to your question 😉
Highlighted
GP
Level 1
  • GP
  • Zurich
  • Zurich Insurance Company
  • Head of Data Science & Advanced Analytics
  • Advancing Data Science within Zurich
  • Originally a geophysicist, 25+ years in commercial advanced analytics solution development   

Looking forward to sharing info / experiences with the wider Dataiku community.