Are you Interested in ikig.ai? The Data Science "For Good" Initiative of Dataiku.

tgb417
Are you Interested in ikig.ai? The Data Science "For Good" Initiative of Dataiku.

ikigai_logo_black2

Hi all,

I'd like to connect with members of Dataiku's  ikig.ai  program.   Or those interested in helping non-profits learn from their data.

As a solo practitioner / non-profit data analyst, it can be a real challenge to find both great tools and time to move our data analytics initiatives forward.  Dataiku's ikig.ai program has provided a well supported wonderful tool.  Thank You.

Now, how can we work together to support one another to do the wonderful analysis that will allow non-profit organizations to excel at our missions?

If you are a member of an organization that is part of ikig.ai program, or a data science practitioner interested in working with an ikig.ai non-profits.

Please leave a reply below letting us know your interests.

As folks reply.  We can figure out how we can support one another and work together.

--Tom Brown
Director Digital Project & Analytics
Liberty Science Center

--Tom
14 Replies
VinceDS
Dataiker
Great initiative! Happy to contribute to bringing the ikigai community together!
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Speaking as a Dataiker what I'm curious about is how I can use my community / social media expertise to help out an ikig.ai organisation - if anyone knows of any scope for me to help I'd love to hear it! 

Edit: as @LisaB pointing out (thanks Lisa!) It's actually 'ikig.ai'.

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
tgb417
Author

@MichaelGthanks for asking. 

Many of the non-profits I know have active social media programs. I am not the leader of our social media initiative.  (See my dyslexic gaffe in having misspelled the name of the Ikig.ai program as ikag.ai as at least part of the reason.  P.s. Now fixed I think.) 

As a social media person you know the value of followers and social media supporters. One of the quickest and easiest ways you can help all of the ikig.ai organizations is to follow us.  As an individual, if you see things that we are doing that are cool /  interesting.  Let your followers know in an authentic way.  (If you wanted to do anything more overt from a Dataiku point of view you should probably connect with the social media folks at the various organizations.)

As a Dataiku community manager you can identify others who are part of the ikig.ai program and help us connect with one another.  Many of us are solo practitioners in our organizations.  Most in our organizations donโ€™t really know what we do and therefore canโ€™t support us in this work.  I would like to meet my opposite number in other organizations. On a professional basis I believe that they are uniquely fit to support me.

Finally,  as an individual see how you can engage with the organizations day to day mission. For example if you are in the NYC area, consider bringing any children in your life to the science museum.  (Itโ€™s our mission to bring the joy and excitement of science & technology to kids of all ages.) If you donโ€™t have kids in your life right now.  Here at LSC we have a program called After Dark where adults can come to the museum without children in the building.  Play with the cool science exhibits we have around the museum, visit the planetarium, get out on the dance floor, and have some adult beverages, if you are so inclined.  

Michael, I hope some of the above suggests ways you are uniquely qualified to help the ikig.ai organizations.

Hopefully as others join the community others opportunities will become available.  

p.s. the views and opinions above are my own and donโ€™t necessarily reflect those of my employer.  

--Tom
Mitch
Dataiker Alumni

Hi Tom (@tgb417),

Thanks for your comments. As an Ikig.ai Ambassador I am very keen on nurturing this programme and exploring the multitude of ways various roles, profiles, departments can contribute. I had not considered how powerful of a tool our community site could be until this thread and I would like to help realise that potential.

I will speak with @MichaelG about it to get his thoughts and also happy to have a call with you if this would be helpful. We also have Ikig.ai Ambassadors in various locations, including NYC, who could help with organising local initiatives.

Thanks,

Mitch

tgb417
Author

@Mitch 

Super glad to have your involvement.

As this new community site comes online.  I'd like to see if we can gather folks interested in ikig.ai.  Either because they are organizations that have received access to the Dataiku tools through the program.  Or because they would like to be of help to these organizations.  I don't see any other ikig.ai folks here yet.  Do you have any insights about how we can reach out to those folks who are working for organizations or working on projects who are recipients of ikig.ai support and invite them to participate?

I have two visions.

1. That the non-profit folks can be super helpful to each other.  We likely have a somewhat different professional experience than folks who might work for multi-billion dollar organizations.   And the kinds of problems we are solving are not strictly related to revenue.  The problem that non-profits solve is moving a mission forward while keeping the "lights on" both now and into the future.

2. Then, there is going to be a great group of data scientists and analysts who will be bouncing around these boards both on Dataiku's staff and with other organizations.  I'm hoping we can invite opportunities for Dataiku users to work with non-profits who could use some help.  In order to put in place sustainable use of ML and data analytic tools in these contexts.  

Glad to have a call to meet and see what might be possible.

--Tom
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tgb417 

To echo what Mitch said I'd like to thank you for highlighting the scope of the Community to help enable ikig.ai. I'm going to be using my ikig.ai leave to make sure we can realise that potential! 

To that end I'd love to be on that call. 

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
tgb417
Author

@MichaelG ,

Cool.  Is your ikig.ai leave something that is scheduled?  If so when?

Who else do you envision being part of a first call?

--Tom

--Tom
0 Kudos
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom - Yes it's going to be at the end of March, but that doesn't limit the first call. 

Let me have a conversation with Mitch and then get back to you about that. 

tgb417
Author

Cool.

We should also consider our agenda as well.

--Tom
0 Kudos
Mitch
Dataiker Alumni

Thanks, that all sounds very promising. I will be happy to help in any way I can to bring our ikigai stakeholders onto the platform and hope to get some guidance from @MichaelG.

Please let me know when would suit you for a call.

Thanks,

Mitch

0 Kudos
tgb417
Author
I'll drop you each a quick reply through the messages feature.
--Tom
0 Kudos
tgb417
Author
tgb417
Author

I just ran into this BBC article on "Ikigai: A Japanese concept to improve work and life" from the BBC.  You might find this to be of interest.

tyvToPYsyaZXtaFiUISw-P6abde6j84YSh5o3tXq81c

--Tom
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing! Interesting take on it for sure. 

0 Kudos