Disable Job Status Pop-ups on Browser UI

snowpeak
Level 2
Disable Job Status Pop-ups on Browser UI

If I'm running an automated Scenario for one project on my DSS instance, a small stream of popups appear on the bottom right of my screen showing job start and completion status.

I see these messages regardless of which project I'm actually working on 

If I have several projects running automated Scenarios, I see an endless stream of job status popups blocking the right side of the window. 

How can I completely disable all job status popups in Dataiku?

Operating system used: Linux

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kathyqingyuxu

Hey @snowpeak ,

I'm not sure if this is available right now, but there is already a post in the product ideas page here: Option to disable scenario notifications for your own scenarios - Dataiku Community. I had a similar issue and other folks as well through this thread: Notifications do not obey user settings - Dataiku Community. I recommend adding a Kudos to the linked idea page to help prioritize the update, thanks!

As an alternative if these projects can be moved to an automation node, this might help to alleviate some of the notifications you are receiving.

Best,

Kathy

snowpeak
Level 2
Author

I just now figured out how to disable the Scenario notification popups. Just click (unselect) the small blue eye next to the scenario (see attached). It will turn grey and you'll stop seeing the notification popups for each job

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thank you for sharing your solution @snowpeak

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos
modichirag
Level 1

@snowpeak , Disabling notification is not working for me, I still see job status notifications after disabling notifications. Let me know if I am missing anything.

0 Kudos
snowpeak
Level 2
Author

Agreed, I have the same issue, after unselecting the eye button I still get notifications for that project. Unfortunately this feature doesn't work as advertised... like many other things in Dataiku

0 Kudos
vishal
Level 2

Go to Setting by clicking on the top right icon of your name and then clicking on the settings icon.

Uncheck the options that you do not want, here for example uncheck:

• other users run jobs/scenarios/ML taks.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos