Dataiku support for mac m1?

Avinash_Nair
Level 1
Dataiku support for mac m1?

I have being trying to install Dataiku on mac m1  will they work on m1 machine using rosetta translation?

as i am getting error after couple of reinstallation

The Error

Starting Data Science Studio.app

dssHome:/Users/nair/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home dssBin:/Users/nair/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/bin/dss

Starting Java check

/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/_find-java.sh

[Install] [+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_311"

[Install] /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

[Install] EOF reached

[Java check] Exception reading from handle *** -[NSConcreteFileHandle availableData]: No such file or directory

[Java check] EOF reached

Java check terminated with status 0

Previous failed install exists, installing

[Install] *********************************************

*           Dataiku DSS installer           *

[Install] [!] *****************************************************

[!] /Users/nair/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home contains a previously failed install of DSS

[!] Moving it out of the way and proceeding

[!] *****************************************************

[Install] [+] Creating data directory: /Users/nair/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home

[Install] [+] Saving installation log to /Users/nair/Library/DataScienceStudio/dss_home/run/install.log

[Install] [+] Using Java at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java : java version "1.8.0_311"

[Install] [+] Checking required dependencies

[Install] + Detected OS distribution : osx 12.0

[Install] *** OS distribution not supported *** osx 12.0

[Install] 

[-] Dependency check failed

[-] You can install required dependencies with:

[-]    sudo -i "/Applications/DataScienceStudio.app/Contents/Resources/kit/scripts/install/install-deps.sh" -without-java

[-] You can also disable this check with the -n installer flag

[install] EOF reached

[install] EOF reached

DSS installer terminated with status 1

DSS installer failed , fatal error

3 Replies
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Avinash_Nair and welcome to the Dataiku Community. At this time DSS installation on Apple M1 MacBooks is not supported. We currently do not have an ETA for a compatible release. More information about M1 compatibility with DSS can be found on these threads: DSS fail to install on Mac M1DSS stratup failed 

If this is the first time you are trying out DSS and would still like to use it, we encourage you to use Dataiku Online with a 14 day free trial

This is a known limitation due to python compilation issues (not really DSS but still). Based on the community thread, you can try to workaround this by installing the Rosetta emulator: 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

Also, you can try an option with base Python3.7 for installer.sh: 

<DSS_INSTALL_DIR>/installer.sh -d <DSS_DATA_DIR> -P python3.7

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
Baseltov
Level 2

@CoreyS Is the development team working on an official release for Apple Silicon? Since the new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips are quite powerful, and a lot of developers are switching to Mac again, it would be nice to have an official release of Dataiku.

Turribeach

I second this too. My new M1 Max is waiting to get Dataiku installed!