Dataiku 5 does not start after upgrade from 4.3

fclavert
Level 2
Dataiku 5 does not start after upgrade from 4.3
Dear all,

I just upgraded Dataiku to 5.0.1. First, it must be clear that before installation, I decided to move the dataiku-data folder to another DATADIR (that may be the source of the problem).

When I try to start dataiku (bin/dss start) i receive this message:

Unlinking stale socket /mnt/7276D18676D14B8B/Users/frederic.clavert/Documents/dataiku-data/run/svd.sock

config: Ubuntu 18.04

Best,

Frรฉdรฉric
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

Indeed, you cannot just move the DATA_DIR. Here is how to proceed.

Then, if the upgrade fails, we will need the logs (=what is displayed when performing the upgrade: dataiku-dss-NEWVERSION/installer.sh -d DATA_DIR -u) + usual logs (in particular supervisord.log and backend.log).

Jeremy, Product Manager at Dataiku
0 Kudos
fclavert
Level 2
Author
It does not work. Just a question: the dataiku-data dir used to be on the same partition as the installation dir. It is not the case anymore. Is that a problem?

Here is the installation log:

* Dataiku DSS installer *
[+] /mnt/7276D18676D14B8B/Users/frederic.clavert/Documents/dataiku-data already exists and is a DSS installation
[+] Saving installation log to /mnt/7276D18676D14B8B/Users/frederic.clavert/Documents/dataiku-data/run/install.log
[+] Using Java at /usr/bin/java : openjdk version "1.8.0_181"
[+] Checking required dependencies
+ Detected OS distribution : ubuntu 18.04
+ Checking required packages...
[+] Initializing Python environment
Using virtualenv in /tmp/dku_virtualenv.Iyers9
New python executable in /mnt/7276D18676D14B8B/Users/frederic.clavert/Documents/dataiku-data/pyenv/bin/python2.7
Also creating executable in /mnt/7276D18676D14B8B/Users/frederic.clavert/Documents/dataiku-data/pyenv/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip, wheel...done.
[-] Read-only installation directory /opt/dataiku, skipping Python precompilation
[+] Migrating data directory
Select how to migrate from 20 from avail: [8 -> 9, 9 -> 10, 10 -> 11, 11 -> 12, 12 -> 13, 13 -> 14, 14 -> 15, 15 -> 16, 16 -> 17, 17 -> 18, 18 -> 19, 19 -> 20]
[+] Writing version metadata conf=20 product=5.0.1 revision=
Executing post-migrations
Migration done, removing marker
Node type : design
Installed kernelspec python2 in /mnt/7276D18676D14B8B/Users/frederic.clavert/Documents/dataiku-data/jupyter-run/jupyter/kernels/python2
[+] Generating default env file
[+] Generating supervisor configuration
[+] Generating nginx configuration
* Installation complete (DSS node type: design)
* Next, start DSS using:
* '/mnt/7276D18676D14B8B/Users/frederic.clavert/Documents/dataiku-data/bin/dss start'
0 Kudos
jereze
Community Manager
Community Manager
This upgrade looks fine.
Maybe you hare errors in a previous upgrade? (run/install.log)
If you have no error at the upgrade, then you just need to follow the instructions to move the DATA_DIR.
Jeremy, Product Manager at Dataiku
0 Kudos
fclavert
Level 2
Author
As having a functioning installation is more important than moving the directory, I decided to move the data dir to its original place, after an upgrade procedure, it is working very well.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku