Tag groups in Discussion

We are working on setting standards for collaboration and one of those is code reviews. I was thinking of using the Discussion for initiating a code review. But it would be really helpful, rather than having to go through each individual user on a team, to be able to @ a group and have it notify the whole team to go in to perform a peer review.

3 Comments

I +1 your idea.  I'd also include an @project to select all folks related to a project, and @instance for all folks who have access to a particular design node.  Maybe also an @wiki and @dashboard would also be helpful.

--Tom

I +1 your idea.  I'd also include an @project to select all folks related to a project, and @instance for all folks who have access to a particular design node.  Maybe also an @wiki and @dashboard would also be helpful.

AshleyW
Dataiker

Thanks for your idea, @pilotjohn4 . Your idea meets the criteria for submission!

Might you provide details on how you'd like to define these groups? Or other places in DSS where having this type of assign/share/talk to group concept would be useful?

If youโ€™re reading this and think being able to tag groups in DSS discussions would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post!

Take care,

Ashley

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @pilotjohn4 . Your idea meets the criteria for submission!

Might you provide details on how you'd like to define these groups? Or other places in DSS where having this type of assign/share/talk to group concept would be useful?

If youโ€™re reading this and think being able to tag groups in DSS discussions would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post!

Take care,

Ashley

pilotjohn4
Level 2

Hi there,

I like the discussions area. This would be the core place I can see the group tag being most useful. @ works for users, Maybe ! can be for groups that are defined in the groups section under Security settings. I do also like @tgb417 's idea to also allow tagging of projects for projects that may be related. % could trigger a project. $ could be for wiki.

An additional place that discussions would be really helpful would be in the Bundle screen under a new tab for Collaborate (see screenshot for example placement). This would allow developers to collaborate on a specific bundle and tag a person or group and request feedback/code review by tagging a person or group. Then each person could go in and review a specific bundle and leave feedback or notes.

bundle.png

Hi there,

I like the discussions area. This would be the core place I can see the group tag being most useful. @ works for users, Maybe ! can be for groups that are defined in the groups section under Security settings. I do also like @tgb417 's idea to also allow tagging of projects for projects that may be related. % could trigger a project. $ could be for wiki.

An additional place that discussions would be really helpful would be in the Bundle screen under a new tab for Collaborate (see screenshot for example placement). This would allow developers to collaborate on a specific bundle and tag a person or group and request feedback/code review by tagging a person or group. Then each person could go in and review a specific bundle and leave feedback or notes.

bundle.png