Support more icons for plugins

It would be great if DSS supported more icon choices for plugins. We are finding the current list to be pretty limited. Most of the icons are standard images used in applications or brand icons so it seems inappropriate to use any of those. That doesn't leave many choices. 

Enabling us to use the current version (or at least a later version) of the fontawesome icon set would greatly expand the options available.

It'd be really cool if one could upload custom (e.g., company specific) icons (including with custom colors) as well. But for most situations, the current version of the fontawesome icons would suffice.

8 Comments
JCR
Dataiker

Thanks for the idea @Marlan. We'll monitor interest and prioritize accordingly. 

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for the idea @Marlan. We'll monitor interest and prioritize accordingly. 

Sounds good. Thanks @JCR.

Marlan

Sounds good. Thanks @JCR.

Marlan

AshleyW
Dataiker

@Marlan 

You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog and we are determining the next steps for development. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates!

For everyone else, kudos the original post to signal that you're interested in Dataiku supporting more icons for plugins! Feel free to leave a comment in the discussion about how this capability would help you or your team.

Take care,
Ashley

Status changed to: In Backlog

@Marlan 

You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog and we are determining the next steps for development. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates!

For everyone else, kudos the original post to signal that you're interested in Dataiku supporting more icons for plugins! Feel free to leave a comment in the discussion about how this capability would help you or your team.

Take care,
Ashley

Great, thank you!

Marlan

Great, thank you!

Marlan

๐Ÿ˜Ž

--Tom

๐Ÿ˜Ž

JCR
Dataiker
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you all know that with the release of 12.5, we are running on a newer version of Font Awesome and you have access to more custom icons for plugins. 

Cheers, 

Ashley

Status changed to: Released

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you all know that with the release of 12.5, we are running on a newer version of Font Awesome and you have access to more custom icons for plugins. 

Cheers, 

Ashley