Retrieval of Node type and DSS version by means of the API

Hello,

I think it would be nice to add 2 fields in the general settings information returned by the "get_general_settings" method of the DSS client of the API: "nodeType" and "dssVersion".

This would enable a client to get the node type (design, automation, api, deployer, govern) of the instance it adresses and the actual version of the running DSS version, without having to store (and maintain) these values in global variables.

Thanks in advance for considering this wish.

Kind regards

Olivier

4 Comments
rken
Level 1

Hey @Olcolin I landed here looking for the same. We found that env-default.sh exports DKU_NODE_TYPE with "design" and "automation" respectively.

For version, try:

import dataiku

dataiku.get_dss_settings()['version']['product_version']

Best,

rken

Hey @Olcolin I landed here looking for the same. We found that env-default.sh exports DKU_NODE_TYPE with "design" and "automation" respectively.

For version, try:

import dataiku

dataiku.get_dss_settings()['version']['product_version']

Best,

rken

Olcolin
Level 2

Hello @rken, thanks for your answer. It works for the version! For the node type, I am not able to use your solution (although it's good to know it) because I am running a remote client, on an another  computer (without being able to inspect the environment variables of the server).

Kind regards, Olivier

Hello @rken, thanks for your answer. It works for the version! For the node type, I am not able to use your solution (although it's good to know it) because I am running a remote client, on an another  computer (without being able to inspect the environment variables of the server).

Kind regards, Olivier

fsergot
Dataiker

Hello,

This has been added to Dataiku API starting with version 10.0.5:

import dataiku
client = dataiku.api_client()
instance_info = client.get_instance_info()
print(instance_info.node_type)
print(instance_info.node_id)
print(instance_info.node_name)
print(instance_info.raw['dssVersion'])
print('------')
print(client.get_instance_info().raw)
Status changed to: Released

Hello,

This has been added to Dataiku API starting with version 10.0.5:

import dataiku
client = dataiku.api_client()
instance_info = client.get_instance_info()
print(instance_info.node_type)
print(instance_info.node_id)
print(instance_info.node_name)
print(instance_info.raw['dssVersion'])
print('------')
print(client.get_instance_info().raw)
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Great job on your idea @Olcolin

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!

Great job on your idea @Olcolin