Preview dataset in flow by hovering

I often find myself a little lost trying to navigate between many similar datasets. I'm constantly opening and closing the same few datasets trying to remember which one is which. I frequently make use of the schema view in the right-side flyout when clicking datasets, which helps, but I've often wished I could just quickly hover over a dataset to see a preview of its contents, even if just a single record, so I'd know I'm in the right place. This, along with Search by column from flow could make navigating large projects much easier.

3 Comments
AshleyW
Dataiker

Thanks for providing your suggestion, we're looking into this further and will provide an update if and when available.

Status changed to: Parked

Thanks for providing your suggestion, we're looking into this further and will provide an update if and when available.

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know what 'Dataset Preview' is available in all 12.1+ versions of Dataiku, which lets you preview the contents of a dataset from the Flow. 

Cheers,

Ashley 

Status changed to: Released

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know what 'Dataset Preview' is available in all 12.1+ versions of Dataiku, which lets you preview the contents of a dataset from the Flow. 

Cheers,

Ashley