Null partition value support

When working with a partitioned dataset, it would be nice if null partitions were allowed. I often find myself writing custom SQL to cast null values of a partition key column to a special value so that I can use Dataiku partitioning. This makes sense for a query type dataset where partition values are inserted directly into a template, but for a table type dataset, it's frustrating to have to convert it to a query to add null support, especially when the partition list in a dataset changes frequently and a previously-working partition column breaks due to a record with a null value being added to the dataset. Supporting null partitions would speed up workflows and make pipelines more reliable.

2 Comments
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello,

This is definitely in our backlog.

for now, I do not have any info to share on when this would be delivered unfortunately.

Status changed to: In Backlog

Hello,

This is definitely in our backlog.

for now, I do not have any info to share on when this would be delivered unfortunately.

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog