Make the Visual Recipe Formula Language Functions Case Insensitive

User Story

As a new user to Dataiku coming from an MS Excel world, I would find it a lot easier to have early success with Dataiku if the Formula functions in Visual Recipies were case insensitive so one could use the function IF, iF, if, If and they would all work exactly the same.

COS

• This should apply to all built-in functions of the visual recipe language.

Notes:

• Of course, this could be implemented in a number of ways.  You could change the shaker language.  Or you could change the visual editor so that it would autocorrect the case of the formulas that are entered.  Clearly, there would be trade-offs and complexities depending on the solution.  
--Tom
4 Comments

There are examples here is the community where new users to the formula language find early roadblocks based on the formula language (shaker) being case sensitive.  I know that I had early challenges in this area.

--Tom

There are examples here is the community where new users to the formula language find early roadblocks based on the formula language (shaker) being case sensitive.  I know that I had early challenges in this area.

ktgross15
Dataiker

Thanks for sharing! This has been added to our backlog and we will let you know of any updates.

If youโ€™re reading this and would love to see this improvement too, be sure to kudos the original post or leave a comment!

Status changed to: In Backlog

Thanks for sharing! This has been added to our backlog and we will let you know of any updates.

If youโ€™re reading this and would love to see this improvement too, be sure to kudos the original post or leave a comment!

@ktgross15,

thanks for the good news!

--Tom

@ktgross15,

thanks for the good news!

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog