Insert Webapps in Project Home Page

0 Kudos

Hi, 

I've just created an webapp and I noticed this information is missing in the Project Home Page.

It would be nice if we could have this info in the homepage, otherwise we'll have to check  on each project, go the webapps menu to find out which have webapps.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 14.20.50.png

An icon same we've when  there's an Visual application in the project as image below would also be awesome 

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 14.25.18.png

5 Comments
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hi @Carl and thank you for your idea! Have you considered using a Workspace? Webapps can be published to a Workspace. Workspaces are a streamlined access point through which stakeholders can easily find and access AI-driven insights and tools across all projects on a DSS instance.

In a workspace, youโ€™ll see the objects that have been shared there from a variety of DSS projects like Applications, dashboards, webapps, datasets, and wiki articles. In addition, external links can also be shared into a workspace. It can be accessed with Workspace application menu or from the home page. According to the DSS instance setup, you will see the list of workspaces available to you and according to your roles and privileges you will be able to:

• Manage Workspaces

• Sharing objects into Workspaces

More info can be found here:

I hope this helps!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!

Hi @Carl and thank you for your idea! Have you considered using a Workspace? Webapps can be published to a Workspace. Workspaces are a streamlined access point through which stakeholders can easily find and access AI-driven insights and tools across all projects on a DSS instance.

In a workspace, youโ€™ll see the objects that have been shared there from a variety of DSS projects like Applications, dashboards, webapps, datasets, and wiki articles. In addition, external links can also be shared into a workspace. It can be accessed with Workspace application menu or from the home page. According to the DSS instance setup, you will see the list of workspaces available to you and according to your roles and privileges you will be able to:

• Manage Workspaces

• Sharing objects into Workspaces

More info can be found here:

I hope this helps!

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Gathering Input

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hey @Carl sorry I misread your idea in regards to having this publish on the project page as opposed to the homepage.

Hey @Carl sorry I misread your idea in regards to having this publish on the project page as opposed to the homepage.

Carl
Level 3

Hi @CoreyS 

No prob.

Yes I meant "It would be nice if we could have this info in the project homepage", word project was missing.

It's true we can access via the workspace,  but if we could have this info in the Project Home Page, we could tag the projects #webapp or #Application and it would be much more easy to filter the projects containing this kind of objects.

Best rgds.

Hi @CoreyS 

No prob.

Yes I meant "It would be nice if we could have this info in the project homepage", word project was missing.

It's true we can access via the workspace,  but if we could have this info in the Project Home Page, we could tag the projects #webapp or #Application and it would be much more easy to filter the projects containing this kind of objects.

Best rgds.

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Thanks for your idea, @Carl. Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information. 

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @Carl. Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information.