Improve error message when deploying / updating projects in automation

We ran into this error when updating a project into the automation node:action_forbidden.jpg

It took us some time to figure out what was happening:

• When developing the new bundle, we added a recipe with a code env without knowing that the code env was already created in the Automation node by somebody else
  • We obviously had security rights for that code env in the Design node, but we did not have them in Automation
  • When updating Automation with that bundle, we ran into the above  "Action Forbidden" error without knowing what action was forbidden. It took us time time to identify the code env problem.

It would have been helpful to point out further details on this error to help the user understand what was happening. Overall, there seems to be room for improvement for the management of warnings & errors when deploying a project to Automation (e.g. warnings that are not necessarily relevant to the user).

cc @tgb417@Turribeach 

3 Comments
fsergot
Dataiker

Thanks for raising this. I have added it in the backlog, potentially with finding a generic way to raise more error details on bundle deployment.

We'll let you know as soon as we have more visibility on that.

Have a good day

Status changed to: In Backlog

Thanks for raising this. I have added it in the backlog, potentially with finding a generic way to raise more error details on bundle deployment.

We'll let you know as soon as we have more visibility on that.

Have a good day

great news! 

great news! 

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog