Generate OpenAI documents for API's

In our organization we are obligated to provide documentation for each API we deploy that adheres to the OpenAPI standard to the calling application team.

It would be super helpful if such documents could be (partially) automatically generated.

The OpenAPI specification is a generic standard for documenting API's

https://www.openapis.org/ 

10 Comments
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello @Antal ,

This idea is in entered in our backlog. At this stage, I cannot communicate any realistic timeline but we will get back as soon as we have updates.

Thanks

Status changed to: In Backlog

Hello @Antal ,

This idea is in entered in our backlog. At this stage, I cannot communicate any realistic timeline but we will get back as soon as we have updates.

Thanks

That's good to hear!

Thanks for considering it

That's good to hear!

Thanks for considering it

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

Just now realized the typo in this Idea ๐Ÿ™‚
It should of course say OpenAPI spec, not OpenAI

Just now realized the typo in this Idea ๐Ÿ™‚
It should of course say OpenAPI spec, not OpenAI

fsergot
Dataiker

Hello,

We are actually developping this feature, we will let you know when it is released.

It will contain both an automated generation (for prediction endpoints only) and a manual one (with templates) for others.

It will be based on OpenAPI 2. The Json file will be served at deployment level on a specific URL.

Status changed to: Developing

Hello,

We are actually developping this feature, we will let you know when it is released.

It will contain both an automated generation (for prediction endpoints only) and a manual one (with templates) for others.

It will be based on OpenAPI 2. The Json file will be served at deployment level on a specific URL.

That's great!

That will save us a good amount of time. But why OpenAPI 2 and not OpenAPI 3.0? That version was released in 2017 already ans is the standard within our organisation, as I feel it will be for many others.

That's great!

That will save us a good amount of time. But why OpenAPI 2 and not OpenAPI 3.0? That version was released in 2017 already ans is the standard within our organisation, as I feel it will be for many others.

fsergot
Dataiker

Hello @Antal ,

It was mostly for technical reasons (some compatibility complexity between libs & jave versions supported by Dataiku).

Would this be an issue for you? Or is your remark for the sake or being up-to-date? The V3 version is actually quite close

Hello @Antal ,

It was mostly for technical reasons (some compatibility complexity between libs & jave versions supported by Dataiku).

Would this be an issue for you? Or is your remark for the sake or being up-to-date? The V3 version is actually quite close

I suppose not as we mostly use the paths object.

I guess we'll have to see when we present the first generated OpenAPI doc to our IT teams.

Otherwise, I'll make another feature request for an upgrade to OpenAPI 3

I suppose not as we mostly use the paths object.

I guess we'll have to see when we present the first generated OpenAPI doc to our IT teams.

Otherwise, I'll make another feature request for an upgrade to OpenAPI 3

AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know that with the release of 12.5 this is now possible (link to release notes). 

Cheers, 

Ashley

Status changed to: Released

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know that with the release of 12.5 this is now possible (link to release notes). 

Cheers, 

Ashley

Yes, very cool @AshleyW ! Thank you

We're already using it in our processes ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, very cool @AshleyW ! Thank you

We're already using it in our processes ๐Ÿ™‚