GPTchat or other LLM coding support in Dataiku Python Jupyter Notebooks

User Story:

As a Analyst Level user of Dataiku’s Jupyter Notebooks, it would be great to have GPTchat coding support in the Jupyter Notebook environment to support python coding.  

Conditions of Satisfaction:

• Very low setup complication. Should be no harder than getting R or image exporting working.  Preferably, fully built in out of the box. It would be OK if it were a plug-in.   

Nice to Have:

• it would be great to have support for other languages including
    • R
    • SQL
  • it would be great to have a bit of prompt engineering that would let the LLM know that it is working in a Dataiku environment.  I do note that at least ChatGPT has some awareness of the Dataiku Python Libraries.  

Notes:

There are a few browser based Jupyter Notebook plugins that provide this feature set.  As an early iteration on this idea might be a simple recommendation about which one works best.

--Tom
4 Comments
Krishna
Dataiker

Status changed to: In Backlog

Great to hear.

--Tom

Great to hear.

AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know about AI Code Assistant that helps you write, explain, or debug code from within Jupyter Notebooks and Code Studios. 

Cheers, 

Ashley

Status changed to: Released

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know about AI Code Assistant that helps you write, explain, or debug code from within Jupyter Notebooks and Code Studios. 

Cheers, 

Ashley

@AshleyW ,

I’ve seen the demos.  It looks cool.  However when I tried to use it nothing has come back. My guess is that I’ve missed some step when it comes to setting this up.  

--Tom

@AshleyW ,

I’ve seen the demos.  It looks cool.  However when I tried to use it nothing has come back. My guess is that I’ve missed some step when it comes to setting this up.