Flow filter bug

natejgardner
Flow filter bug

If an invalid filter is accidentally set when configuring the flow view, and the page is subsequently refreshed, the flow, including the filter definition box, will not render. This makes a project inaccessible. A fix to this bug would allow the filter to render before catching the exception for invalid filter definitions, so that an invalid filter could be changed. Screenshot attached.

5 Replies
natejgardner
Author

To reproduce:

Flow -> Filter -> Advanced -> name:[insert invalid regex here] -> click back to simple -> refresh. Flow will no longer render due to error. I've been searching for a way to reset the filter values using the debugger, but so far I haven't had any luck. It seems this setting is persistent for my user, so I'm not sure if there's an easy workaround other than logging in with another account. It looks like the setting isn't committed to git, so I can't revert it.

0 Kudos
natejgardner
Author

I was able to resolve this issue for my project by using the Dataiku HTTP API to reset the filter (copying params from the same call on a different project). Although the call returned xrsf errors, it still convinced Dataiku reset the filter somehow. If anyone else runs into this bug and needs a workaround to reset, apply a filter in another project with the network tab of your browser's debugger open, look for the call apply-flow-filtering, use your browser's edit and resend function, and change the project key parameter to that of your project. This will overwrite the filter settings on that project and allow you to load your flow again, despite any xrsf errors that pop up on sending the request.

0 Kudos
fsergot
Dataiker

This was raised to R&D for fix.

For the sake of simplicity and efficiency, I think it would be better if we can keep the Product Ideas section of the community for new features, incidents being handled through the support.

0 Kudos
natejgardner
Author

Thanks! Is there a Github Issues type portal for the community to share bugs or suggest minor improvements? 

0 Kudos
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Hey @natejgardner feel free to share this directly to your Customer Success Manager in the future. You can also post this on one of the Discussion boards as well. Thanks for following up in terms of process!

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (1)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku