Filtering Editable Datasets

User Story:

As an analyst being asked to hand modify some moderate-sized datasets (8-10k rows) I would like to be able to filter an editable dataset down to a few rows before I make row-level changes.  This feature would likely improve the performances of the edit UI for updating editable Datasets and increase the speed and accuracy of data changes being made by hand.

Conditions of Satisfaction:

1. Filters should be applicable to 1 or multiple columns.

Nice to have items:

1. It would be great if all typical sample and column filtering would work on this interface page.

Notes:

One potential quick implementation of this might be to have the edit screen adhere to the sample filter for the table.  

--Tom
9 Comments
ElisaS
Dataiker

Hi Tom ! 

Thanks for submitting this idea and for sharing the context around why it would be useful to you. You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog--and we are determining the next steps for development. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates.

Best,

Elisa 

Status changed to: In Backlog

Hi Tom ! 

Thanks for submitting this idea and for sharing the context around why it would be useful to you. You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog--and we are determining the next steps for development. We can't provide a timeline at this point, but be sure to check back for updates.

Best,

Elisa 

@ElisaS 

Thanks for the update.  I look forward to hearing more about this as things developen.

--Tom

--Tom

@ElisaS 

Thanks for the update.  I look forward to hearing more about this as things developen.

--Tom

ScottGo
Level 1

This would be incredibly useful for my organization.

This would be incredibly useful for my organization.

@ScottGo 

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.

Thanks for Up Voting this idea.

--Tom

--Tom

@ScottGo 

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.

Thanks for Up Voting this idea.

--Tom

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know that in 12.4+ versions of Dataiku, you can quick filter your editable dataset, as well as sort rows by column. 

Cheers, 

Ashley

Status changed to: Released

Hi, 

Updating this thread to let you know that in 12.4+ versions of Dataiku, you can quick filter your editable dataset, as well as sort rows by column. 

Cheers, 

Ashley

Yes, I was using the filtering feature over the weekend. I had not noticed the sort feature.  Thanks for the update. 

--Tom

Yes, I was using the filtering feature over the weekend. I had not noticed the sort feature.  Thanks for the update. 

crunis
Level 2

Looks like it's not able to sort by integers and always sorts as text even for int columns. Is it going to be considered a bug and fixed soon ?

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 16.01.25.png

Looks like it's not able to sort by integers and always sorts as text even for int columns. Is it going to be considered a bug and fixed soon ?

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 16.01.25.png

@crunis ,

great catch. Iโ€™d suggest that you put in a support ticket to get this on the Dataiku teams radar screen. It would be great to have int sort โ€œcorrectlyโ€.

PS Iโ€™m looking at your image this appears to be reverse alphabetic sorting.  (You did not say much about how you chose the sort)

--Tom

@crunis ,

great catch. Iโ€™d suggest that you put in a support ticket to get this on the Dataiku teams radar screen. It would be great to have int sort โ€œcorrectlyโ€.

PS Iโ€™m looking at your image this appears to be reverse alphabetic sorting.  (You did not say much about how you chose the sort)