Edit default metrics and checks as a project-wide setting

When creating a new dataset, I practically always edit the default metrics and checks to run row counts after build. Ideally, I could define this from the project settings so that every new dataset created automatically has my desired metrics and checks configured. Of course, this doesn't apply to column-specific values, but being able to enable and disable, specify auto compute after build for column count and row count (and for any future metrics that are independent of columns) project-wide would be a big time saver.

5 Comments
AshleyW
Dataiker

Hi @natejgardner,

Thanks for submitting this idea and for sharing the context around why it would be useful!

You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog--managing metrics and checks at the project level, and being able to mass edit them across datasets--is a request we've received from customers. We can't provide a timeline for development at this point, but be sure to check back for updates.

For everyone else, kudos the original post to signal that you're interested in Dataiku developing and releasing this feature!

Take care,

Ashley

Status changed to: In Backlog

Hi @natejgardner,

Thanks for submitting this idea and for sharing the context around why it would be useful!

You'll be pleased to hear this idea is in our backlog--managing metrics and checks at the project level, and being able to mass edit them across datasets--is a request we've received from customers. We can't provide a timeline for development at this point, but be sure to check back for updates.

For everyone else, kudos the original post to signal that you're interested in Dataiku developing and releasing this feature!

Take care,

Ashley

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

bumping this! looks like metadata is in for this but it isnt put into place yet

bumping this! looks like metadata is in for this but it isnt put into place yet

Droid
Level 1

Is this actively being worked on?

Is this actively being worked on?

We want this too. Based on the following post I believe it could be done using the API, I will have a look shortly and report back. But if anyone has already done this please share. No point in reinventing the wheel!

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Setting-metrics-to-be-computed-programmatically/td-p/...

We want this too. Based on the following post I believe it could be done using the API, I will have a look shortly and report back. But if anyone has already done this please share. No point in reinventing the wheel!

https://community.dataiku.com/t5/Using-Dataiku/Setting-metrics-to-be-computed-programmatically/td-p/...