Dark Mode

Every developer needs a dark mode ๐Ÿ™‚

A dark theme for the flow, datasets, and recipe configs would go a long way toward making Dataiku fit into workflows that involve many other dark mode tools. Dataiku is definitely very bright when swapping from other tools which operate in dark mode. Extensions like Dark Reader do a pretty good job of generating dark mode for Dataiku, but native support would make it much prettier.

Here are some examples of how close to beautiful Dataiku already looks via Dark Reader. Just a little refinement beyond this could make it perfect.

Come to the dark side, Dataiku!

13 Comments
fsergot
Dataiker

Hello,

This is definitely in our backlog.

To be honest, we haven't seen traction on it outside developer profiles :).

Status changed to: In Backlog

Hello,

This is definitely in our backlog.

To be honest, we haven't seen traction on it outside developer profiles :).

federico_oldani
Level 2

That would be lovely.

That would be lovely.

rtaylor
Level 3

I would also love this.

I would also love this.

It's currently possible to change the Jupyter Notebooks theme but that's system wide. It's also possible to change the code recipes via the user's profile themes. But yes a more system wide theme will be good, as long as users can customise it to their liking.

It's currently possible to change the Jupyter Notebooks theme but that's system wide. It's also possible to change the code recipes via the user's profile themes. But yes a more system wide theme will be good, as long as users can customise it to their liking.

DataPrepChad
Level 1

Adding in my vote for dark mode!

Adding in my vote for dark mode!

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog

gskoff
Level 2

I love this idea! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I love this idea! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Yair
Level 2

everyone need dark mode ๐Ÿ™‚ 

everyone need dark mode ๐Ÿ™‚ 

kvn_h
Level 1

Upvoted

Upvoted

asdfasdf
Level 1

"We've only heard developers ask for this." Oh dear, are you saying Dataiku is not a tool for developers?

"We've only heard developers ask for this." Oh dear, are you saying Dataiku is not a tool for developers?