Copy entire flow zone

It would be really handy to be able to copy an entire flow zone. This would allow branching large sub-flows rapidly, where the same process needs to be applied to different datasets.

3 Comments
sachingarg
Level 1

Follow the below steps for copying a flow zone and keeping the original copy intact:

1. Click on the Flow you want to replicate and select "copy subflow" option within Flow Actions at the bottom of your screen.

2. Click on "Copy To" option in the leftmost bottom and select "Copy zone content" check button.

3. Give the names of the copied datasets as Dataiku doesn't allow same dataset names for multiple datasets in a project folder (by default the dataset names would include "_1" at the end)

4. Click on Copy. You will see separate flow Zone will be created without any changes or overlapping done in the current Flow Zone.

Follow the below steps for copying a flow zone and keeping the original copy intact:

1. Click on the Flow you want to replicate and select "copy subflow" option within Flow Actions at the bottom of your screen.

2. Click on "Copy To" option in the leftmost bottom and select "Copy zone content" check button.

3. Give the names of the copied datasets as Dataiku doesn't allow same dataset names for multiple datasets in a project folder (by default the dataset names would include "_1" at the end)

4. Click on Copy. You will see separate flow Zone will be created without any changes or overlapping done in the current Flow Zone.

MaxDavid
Level 1

Is it possible to do the same thing by python API ? To avoid wrong manipulations by interface.

Today, with python API, I manage to copy all items in a specific zone to a new zone, but i lose the graph depandancies ...

Is it possible to do the same thing by python API ? To avoid wrong manipulations by interface.

Today, with python API, I manage to copy all items in a specific zone to a new zone, but i lose the graph depandancies ...

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Based on @sachingarg 's instructions below, we will label this as an already existing capability. Please let us know @natejgardner if there is any context needed to be added to re-open this idea.

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as ‘Accepted Solution’ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Released

Based on @sachingarg 's instructions below, we will label this as an already existing capability. Please let us know @natejgardner if there is any context needed to be added to re-open this idea.