Allow users to link local DSS accounts to Dataiku community and academy accounts

It would be cool to be able to pass a little bit of information between online Dataiku accounts and local DSS accounts. Some example benefits:

• My Dataiku online profile could keep track of some metadata about my usage history, like how many datasets I've created or a global punchcard showing my activity over time.
  • This kind of history could be aggregated across multiple instances and organizations.
  • My local DSS activity feed could show me when users on my instance post in Dataiku community.
  • Teams could keep track of which team members have completed academy courses to improve engagement and onboarding. Course completions could be added to users' achievements along with community badges.
  • Users of local instances could become more aware of community resources.

Optimally, this would be separate from any organization specific hosted accounts so that there wouldn't be a need for users who use Dataiku at multiple organizations to need to register separate online accounts.

1 Comment
MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the suggestion! It's something that is very much part of our aspirational long term thinking, and we are just at the beginning of our journey to add more online components, tie-ins, and connections. It's great to see your submission lining up so perfectly with the kind of things the team wishes we could do!

Unfortunately currently the "on premise" nature of Dataiku instillations means that there isn't a great way for us to do this at the moment. This doesn't mean "no" - it means we don't see how to yet!
Thanks,
Michael

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Rejected

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the suggestion! It's something that is very much part of our aspirational long term thinking, and we are just at the beginning of our journey to add more online components, tie-ins, and connections. It's great to see your submission lining up so perfectly with the kind of things the team wishes we could do!

Unfortunately currently the "on premise" nature of Dataiku instillations means that there isn't a great way for us to do this at the moment. This doesn't mean "no" - it means we don't see how to yet!
Thanks,
Michael