Allow dataset replacement in stack recipe

0 Kudos

In the join recipe, datasets can easily be swapped with the replace dataset feature. But in the stack recipe, the only way to replace datasets is to delete and add input. But this doesn't preserve manual column mappings. There are some cases when datasets need further preparation before a stack recipe, and so an analyst might need to add a prepare recipe before the stack recipe and replace the dataset input for the stack recipe with the newly-prepared dataset. This is pretty frequent when blending data from multiple sources. This feature would speed up that workflow and prevent disruption of mental flow when blending data.

2 Comments
ktgross15
Dataiker

Thanks for your feedback, we have added this to the backlog and will keep you posted with potential updates.

If you're reading this and would also like to see this feature, be sure to upvote or comment on this post!

Status changed to: In Backlog

Thanks for your feedback, we have added this to the backlog and will keep you posted with potential updates.

If you're reading this and would also like to see this feature, be sure to upvote or comment on this post!

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: In the Backlog