Allow SQL across connections for visual recipes

When building a visual recipe, it would speed up the jobs if there was the possibility to allow "SQL across connections" (Inputs and outputs datasets reside on different connections), just like it is possible for SQL recipes.

Thanks!

4 Comments
apichery
Dataiker

@Emiel_Veersma Hi Emiel, 

This is something that can be very difficult to implement depending on the underlying database you target. Do you have a database in mind (Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse, PostgreSQL, other)?

@Emiel_Veersma Hi Emiel, 

This is something that can be very difficult to implement depending on the underlying database you target. Do you have a database in mind (Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse, PostgreSQL, other)?

CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni

Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Gathering Input

Emiel_Veersma
Level 3

Hi @apichery ,

Our underlying system is MSSQL (although I guess it would work for all SQL connections). When I use the "Allow SQL across connections"-feature in SQL, I go to the query and add the database and schema of the tables. I thought that by adding the database and schema to the advanced tab in a view, you could allow SQL across connections.

Hi @apichery ,

Our underlying system is MSSQL (although I guess it would work for all SQL connections). When I use the "Allow SQL across connections"-feature in SQL, I go to the query and add the database and schema of the tables. I thought that by adding the database and schema to the advanced tab in a view, you could allow SQL across connections.

MichaelG
Community Manager
Community Manager

I hope I helped! Do you Know that if I was Useful to you or Did something Outstanding you can Show your appreciation by giving me a KUDOS?

Looking for more resources to help you use DSS effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
Status changed to: Gathering Input