Advanced selector

0 Kudos

Sometimes, I need to select a group of datasets and recipes at the same time to be moved to a flow zone, copied to another project, tagged, deleted, etc. This is a pretty laborious process, since each item needs to be manually selected in the flow. It would be helpful in this process if there were a feature similar to the flow filter, but specifically for creating selections. For example, I'd like to select every dataset and recipe with a particular substring in its name, or with a particular tag or connection type, creation date range, or some combination thereof, etc. This would be especially helpful for quickly creating "branches" in different flow zones. After creating copies of all the datasets and recipes I want, they land by default in the source flow zones I retrieved them from. An advanced selector feature would make it easy for me to move these copies into a new flow zone and apply more tags I may have missed when creating the original copy. This would be helpful for any bulk operations on the flow.

1 Comment
ElieA
Dataiker

Thanks for your idea, @natejgardner . Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information. 

If you’re reading this and think this would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post!

Take care,

Elie

Status changed to: In the Backlog

Thanks for your idea, @natejgardner . Your idea meets the criteria for submission, we'll reach out should we require more information. 

If you’re reading this and think this would be a great capability to add to DSS, be sure to kudos the original post!

Take care,

Elie