Add support for Quarto

Just like Rmarkdown reports are supported, I'd like to suggest support for quarto.

Rmarkdown is a great tool to create dynamic reports that can be refreshed daily, but it lacks a good integration with python. Having quarto available will help several of our analysts to create reports without having to learn R.

3 Comments

Hi everyone.

Given the big amount of requested new features, and knowing that not all suggestions might go into the next stage, I'm wondering if this is something that couldn't be solved with the "code studio" features.

Should I create a discussion ticket perhaps?

Thanks!

Hi everyone.

Given the big amount of requested new features, and knowing that not all suggestions might go into the next stage, I'm wondering if this is something that couldn't be solved with the "code studio" features.

Should I create a discussion ticket perhaps?

Thanks!

tcuthbertson
Level 1

I was able to install Quarto successfully in my Code Studio, however new document creation has proved tricky. According to Quarto help documents RStudio version 2022.07 (also our currently installed version) or better should include the ability to have the creation of new Quarto Documents show up in the File > New File > Quarto Document, but I cannot get this functionality to work. Instead, I have resorted to creating an empty .qmd file with the terminal and then opening that file in RStudio. Otherwise, everything renders and knits as expected.

I was able to install Quarto successfully in my Code Studio, however new document creation has proved tricky. According to Quarto help documents RStudio version 2022.07 (also our currently installed version) or better should include the ability to have the creation of new Quarto Documents show up in the File > New File > Quarto Document, but I cannot get this functionality to work. Instead, I have resorted to creating an empty .qmd file with the terminal and then opening that file in RStudio. Otherwise, everything renders and knits as expected.

student5_x
Level 1

Hello guys,

Can you tell me if it's possible to use Quarto now?

@tcuthbertson 

Hello guys,

Can you tell me if it's possible to use Quarto now?

@tcuthbertson