Sankey - input data

Solved!
Jeff_Edwards
Level 1
Sankey - input data

Hi community,

I'm trying to create a Sankey chart using the DSS plugin.

I've organised my input data so I have three columns:

SourceDestinationValue
AB100
AC50
BD90
BE10
CD25
CE15
CF10

However the chart isn't generating from this.

I've made sure there is no repetition on source/destination names and the chart generates on sankeymatic. What am I missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @daniel_13,

I know you opened a support ticket on this as well - just to confirm publicly, the plugin does not currently support HDFS datasets as the input dataset. 

Thanks,
Sarina 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Jeff_Edwards,

When you try and create the chart, are you running into the message "Nothing to display" or another type of message?  

I tested out the sample data you provided, and was able to create a browsable and static chart and if I create a browsable chart first, I do encounter the "Nothing to display" message with the following settings: 

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.31.13 PM.png

In order to resolve this, I clicked on Actions > Refresh view, which loads the chart for me:  

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.30.45 PM.png

My chart:

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.34.39 PM.png

If this was your issue can you test this out and see if that loads the chart for you? If you are seeing a different message, please attach a screenshot of the message and your chart settings in case that helps with troubleshooting!

Thank you,
Sarina 

0 Kudos
Jeff_Edwards
Level 1
Author

Hi @SarinaS ,

First of all, thank you so much for running a test of the data. It's reassuring to see that building (some form of) chart is possible for you with the test data.

One thing I notice immediately though is that your chart does not include the B node - everything seems to be routed through C. Was this a copy/paste error maybe, or is there something else going on?

When I try to build the chart I don't actually get any error message. I just have a blank screen.

sankey_1.PNG

I also don't seem to have the actions button that you do in the screenshot you shared.

How is your test data stored - does it match the schema below?

sankey_2.PNG

Thanks

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @Jeff_Edwards,

Regarding the missing A->B section, I think that's because I was showing my browsable chart. If I look at the static chart, I do see the B node, I think as expected:

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 10.56.42 AM.png

Regarding the blank screen, I think it would be most useful if we could take a look at an instance diagnostic from your instance after you reproduce the issue to determine why you are getting the blank screen. To share it with us, could you open a chat with us (you can do this from the Dataiku home page) or a support ticket? You can just reference this post and my name and we can go from there! 

Thanks,
Sarina 

daniel_13
Level 1

@SarinaS  was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue.

0 Kudos
SarinaS
Dataiker

Hi @daniel_13,

I know you opened a support ticket on this as well - just to confirm publicly, the plugin does not currently support HDFS datasets as the input dataset. 

Thanks,
Sarina