failed to execute time series plugin on GKE

YasserMohsen
Level 1
failed to execute time series plugin on GKE

I have a time series plugin which I run with no problem on DSS backend, but while changing the container configuration of the time series recipe to run on GKE, I get the following error:

Job failed: No recorded container image tag for this code environment: in act.compute_crmdb_1m_NP: No recorded image tag for env PYTHON plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed version= null. Maybe you need to build Docker image

After checking the documentation, I have tried to change the containerized execution in "plugin_timeseries-preparation_managed" Code Env to be built with all containers configurations, I got the following error:

ERR_CODEENV_CONTAINER_IMAGE_FAILED
pull access denied for dku-exec-base-z2f6i7kx3do8zemd2dcjs0dl, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

Also, it seems that it is building through python 2.7, although there is a python 3.6 env configured that it should be working fine.

Can someone help me with this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

It seems that you have not built the base Docker image (upon which per-code-env images will be built). Instructions for this can be found here: https://doc.dataiku.com/dss/6.0/containers/setup-k8s.html#build-the-base-image

YasserMohsen
Level 1
Author

Thanks for your support and your prompt reply.

I have the base image built before, but should I re-build it if I have changed the containerized execution settings of this Code Env? If yes, I have tested re-building the image and I was shocked that it failed with the error: 

"""

Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base/7/x86_64
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=container error was
14: curl#7 - "Failed to connect to 2001:1b48:203::4:10: Network is unreachable"

"""

It is weird as we don't have network connection issue and we have build it before with no errors. Also, I have re-set the containerized executions of this Code Env, but it failed too.

0 Kudos
Clรฉment_Stenac

Hi,

It definitely looks like you do have some connection issues, at least for IPv6 from the containers ๐Ÿ™‚

You may want to check whether you can reach this hostname from the host machine, both in IPv4 and IPv6 and then try from within a bash-running container.

0 Kudos