Resampling Multivariate Time Series: Resampling Plugin

Solved!
AdhiThibu
Level 2
Resampling Multivariate Time Series: Resampling Plugin

Hi, community!

I Have a dataset with 3 columns( Date, Item_ID, quantity), my period of studies is from 2015 to 2020.

Some Item Id don't have a full history, I want to resample the dataset, and I used the TS plugging resampling with these settings:

TSs.PNG

But I don't get the desired result, did I miss something? Or id there another way to achieve this?

Example of the desired output for this Item Id:

res.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AdhiThibu
Level 2
Author

Hey Dataikers!

I managed to solve the problem by fixing the day in the input dates to the last day of the month instead of the first day of the month I used before, and then the sampling works just fine.

Thank you for your feedback 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tgb417

@AdhiThibu ,

Welcome to the Dataiku Community.

For a bunch of additional information about time series preparation in the following Dataiku academy lesson.

https://academy.dataiku.com/path/ml-practitioner/time-series-preparation-1/609907

@CoreyS the Academy seems to have gone down just now.  

--Tom
CoreyS
Dataiker Alumni
Must have been a momentary blip because its working for me!
Looking for more resources to help you use Dataiku effectively and upskill your knowledge? Check out these great resources: Dataiku Academy | Documentation | Knowledge Base

A reply answered your question? Mark as โ€˜Accepted Solutionโ€™ to help others like you!
tgb417

OK, it's back up and running for me as well.  Thanks.

--Tom
AdhiThibu
Level 2
Author

Hey!

Thanks for your feedback, I checked the resources, the problem for me was that the format of the date column was:

2011-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

2013-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

2015-01-01T00:00:00.000Z

And when applying the sampling, with the 'Years' unit, I expected that only the year will be incremented, while the output also fixes the month to 12 and the day to 31.

I want to know in which format should I put my date column before the sampling, if I would like to use the 'Months' unit?

0 Kudos
AdhiThibu
Level 2
Author

Hey Dataikers!

I managed to solve the problem by fixing the day in the input dates to the last day of the month instead of the first day of the month I used before, and then the sampling works just fine.

Thank you for your feedback 

0 Kudos

Labels

?
Labels (2)
A banner prompting to get Dataiku